5 Minutes with Dale Walker
This week, we spend 5 minutes with the newest member of our Sales Team, Dale Walker.
1. What are your main responsibilities as a business development manager?
As the main contact for our North West customers, I’m responsible for overseeing the relationships between Speed Medical and our customers. I know that understanding the unique requirements of every customer is vital in order to build long-term, valuable relationships.
2. What is your main objective within this role?
My ultimate goal is to contribute in sustaining and growing our business to achieve long-term success.
3. What jobs have you done prior to Speed Medical?
I’ve worked in the legal industry for over 28 years. Starting my career in a small high street law firm as an Office Junior, I subsequently trained in the personal injury sector resulting in promotion to a Personal Injury Fee Earner.
After 10 years I was head hunted by a national law firm specialising in personal injury law where I was employed as a Business Development and Litigation Executive, running personal injury cases and generating new business for the firm.
After 9 years I enjoyed a 5 year spell in an identical role at 2 law firms before joining a Medical Reporting Agency in Liverpool in 2013 as their Business Development Manager. I then joined Speed Medical in November 2017.
4. What has been the highlight of your career?
Winning my first Trial at Court! A disputed liability case for a child who was injured in a crèche at a leisure club, suffering an unusual but very serious ‘tongue’ injury!
5. What has been your greatest personal achievement?
Stepping up to the challenge and completing my first Liverpool Half Marathon in 1 hour 51 minutes in 2017, raising over £1600 for a local charity.
6. Where were you born/where did you grow up?
I was born in Bromborough, Wirral and lived for most of my early life in New Ferry, Wirral and Higher Bebington, Wirral.
7. Fun facts: 3 fun facts about you?
- I used to play the drums for the Boys Brigade
- I can actually play the drums, albeit not very well,
- I attended the Liverpool v Seville Europa League Final in 2016 and was interviewed by Sky Sports, BT Sports, Liverpool FC TV and BBC Talksport!
8. Do you have any pets?
I have a miniature Schnauzer dog called Fred who is 7 years of age and one of the family.
9. What are the best things in life?
The best things in life are first and foremost family and friends, followed by work.