5 minutes with... Amanda Schofield, Rehabilitation Manager
Amanda Schofield is our dedicated Rehabilitation Manager. Amanda has been with us for over 10 years, sharing her knowledge and expertise with the rest of her highly skilled team. We took a moment to get to know a little more about her and her role here at Speed Medical.
1. What are your main responsibilities as Rehabilitation Manager?
To lead, manage and motivate the team as well as monitor and improve service levels/KPIs. I improve procedures and system developments to streamline efficiencies and output. I also provide coaching and development, inspire team members to enable progression within their role, and support and assist team leaders.
2. What is your main objective within your role?
Satisfaction and the general happiness of our people is key to us being able to continually build on our service offering. In turn, this allows us to provide the best possible service to our customers and clients.
3. Where have you worked prior to Speed Medical?
Before working at Speed Medical, I was at university studying Physiotherapy. Following this, I became the licensee of a local pub which I ran for two years.
4. What has been your favourite moment of your career?
I have enjoyed learning more about the medicolegal industry and progressing in my career. I have been very lucky to have worked in a variety of different roles here at Speed Medical.
5. What has been your greatest personal achievement?
I think buying my first house is my greatest personal achievement.
6. Where were you born/where did you grow up?
Born and bred in Leyland – nothing exciting here, unfortunately.
7. Fun facts: 3 fun facts about you?
- I’ve done a 14,000ft skydive.
- I’m a self-taught baker and have made five wedding cakes as well as lots of other novelty cakes.
- I grow my own vegetables.
8. Do you have any pets?
I have one dog called Rocco. He’s a Staff x Frenchie and I also have some fish!
9. What are the best things in life?
Family, friends and living life to the full… after work at speed Medical, of course!